Gwefan Ymgyrch / Campaign Website

Ydych chi wedi ymweld รข gwefan yr ymgyrch eto?

Have you visited the campaign website yet?


http://www.penrijames.com/



Sunday 11 October 2009

25 years of Cerdd Ystwyth

Aberystwyth has one music shop - Cerdd Ystwyth - and it celebrates its 25 anniversary this year. I am the first to admit that I am not particularly musical but the rest of the family are. My visits to Cerdd Ystwyth are usually errands on behalf of my wife who is a music teacher to pick up books, sheets of music, sometime instruments or often a general enquiry.
On Saturday night we were kindly invited by Libby to the Cliff Cafe on Constitution Hill to celebrate. Thank you Libby for the hospitality and wonderful evening. As you would expect there was musical entertainment, some excellent folk pieces and a band playing material by Django Reinhardt, it was absolutely fantastic. I recognised a touch of Grapelli there but I hadn't heard this music before. Where have I been? What have I been doing? Why I hadn't come accross this before? It really has made an impression.
Now this is the kind of material I normally listen to:-





I must go out and find a CD of Django Reinhardt but it doesn't mean I will stop listening to Rock. Still unreconstructed I'm afraid.....

Here's a clip of Django Reinhardt:-


No comments: